Top 5 Reasons To Visit
1. The people. To say that Nicaraguans are the friendliest, most welcoming in the region is an understatement, and the chance to meet a Nicaraguan is a great opportunity for both parties to test their pidgin Spanish or English. Always quick with a smile or a joke, Nicaraguans are generally extremely well-informed on politics and events (more so, on the whole, than other citizens of Central America) and happy to discuss these with anyone over a hot coffee, ice-cold beer or bottle of rum! The intense history of Nicaragua has taught Nicaraguans that life needs to be lived to the fullest.
2. The culture. Nicaragua punches above its weight in any country in the world when it comes to poetry, painting, music and crafts. It sometimes feels that almost everyone has a poem behind them, not surprising coming from the land of Rubén Darío. There is a strong indigenous feel here too, in the faces of all you meet, and Nicaraguans are proud of this heritage. The cities (especially Granada and Leon) are jam-packed full of breathtakingly beautiful colonial architecture from adobe homes to grand 16th century cathedrals. Do NOT forget your camera! See some cultural vacation ideas here.
3. Diversity. Nicaragua is known as the “Land of Lakes and Fire”, but there is so much more than that. Pristine beaches, tropical islands, Amazon-like rivers meandering through virgin rain forest… where else in the world can you “ash-board” down the side of a volcano on a re-vamped snowboard and then surf a monster wave in the Pacific Ocean both before lunch?
4. Bang for the buck. This says it all. Nicaragua is much cheaper than other countries in the region (at least for now…). Check out some current specials.
5. Bragging rights. Who else do you know who has vacationed to Nicaragua? Get ahead of the curve and experience something truly unique!
We could go on. We could talk about the weather (beautiful!), we could talk about the surf (awesome!), the diving (spectacular!), the fishing (huge!)… we could talk about the food and the beer (tasty and tasty!)… but you can ask us about these things, or better yet experience them for yourself on your vacation down here.Inquire Now